PRIVACY STATEMENT – AVANTI GROUP
This Privacy Statement covers Avanti Finance Limited, GetCapital Limited & Branded Financial Services (NZ) Limited (together Avanti, we or us).
At Avanti, we understand your privacy is important to you. It’s important to us too, which is why we are committed to being open and clear about how and why we collect your personal information and how we use and share it.
- THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The personal information which we collect about you may include:
- information about your identity, like your name (and any previous or other names you are or have been known by), age, gender, identification, biometric data and image;
- your contact details, like your address and or current whereabouts, telephone number and email address (including any arrival and departure records held in New Zealand);
- financial information, like your income, expenses and liabilities and banking history;
- information about your past and current bank accounts, including bank statements;
- your involvement in (or relationship to) any corporate entity or trust;
- information about your credit history, current credit obligations and financial position;
- information about your assets, including those over which we may take security;
- information about your employment and type of work you do; and
- other information you share with us about your personal situation, the type of product or service you would like to apply for and your plans, like plans to start a family or your own business.
Providing your personal information and allowing us to use it in accordance with this privacy statement is optional, but without it we will not be able to consider your application or provide you with the product or service you have asked for.
- WHY WE COLLECT IT
We collect your information in order to:
- assess your application for a product or service from us, including verifying your credit history, current credit obligations and financial position;
- monitor your current credit obligations and financial position, including your payments and any defaults;
- help us to administer any product or service we have provided to you;
- exercise our rights or perform our obligations under any agreement we have with you, including our right to collect any money you owe us;
- comply with our legal obligations, including those relating to money laundering and terrorist financing and consumer credit contracts; and
- comply with our internal operational requirements, such as for credit and risk management, product or system development and planning, insurance, audit and administration purposes.
We also collect it in order to be able to provide you with information about our other products or services, or the products or services of third parties that we administer, including targeted marketing (but you can opt out of receiving this kind of information by contacting us at email@example.com
- WHO WE COLLECT IT FROM AND SHARE IT WITH
Sometimes we will collect personal information directly from you when we interact with you.
We may also request (and collect) personal information about you from, and share personal information about you with, public sources, like social media websites or public registers, and other third parties, such as:
- third parties who introduce you to us, like introducers, brokers or motor vehicle dealers;
- identification verification agencies;
- credit reporting agencies;
- your representatives or advisors, such as your solicitor or accountant;
- any registered bank or other credit provider in New Zealand;
- your past and present employers;
- your past and present service providers, including your telecommunications providers;
- government agencies and services, including NZ Customs Service, the Ministry of Justice, Department of Corrections, New Zealand Police, the Ministry of Social Development (including Work and Income), Immigration New Zealand, Inland Revenue Department, Kāinga Ora (and related agencies), NZTA’s Driver Check service, Housing New Zealand Corporation, Office of the Privacy Commissioner and the Commerce Commission;
- anyone else we are required to share that information with in order to comply with any laws, rules or regulatory requirements;
- external dispute resolution schemes, for example, if you make a complaint about us;
- any person who has a guaranteed or given security in connection with, or who otherwise has a financial interest in, the product or service we have provided to you;
- any third parties who provide services to us, including our IT providers, debt collection agencies, professional advisers, market research agencies and our own banks, and insurers;
- other members of the Avanti group of companies; and
- anyone to whom we may transfer or assign our rights or obligations under our agreements with you (for example, on a merger, sale, financing or acquisition of the whole or a part of our business).
You authorise us to request and collect your personal information from the third parties referred to above.
We might collect and share your personal information with these third parties on an on-going basis, for example we may elect to receive notifications about changes to your driver licence from NZTA’s Driver Check service and we will continue to collect and share information with credit reporting agencies while you we continue to have a relationship with you. This might include lodging a default on your credit file. The credit reporter may keep that information and disclose it to its customers (which may include disclosing it to other lenders from whom you apply for finance in the future).
- STORAGE AND RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information is stored electronically or in paper files. Generally, we hold your personal information in New Zealand. Service providers (including cloud-based storage providers in New Zealand and overseas) may hold it on our behalf.
We take security measures to keep your personal information safe against unauthorised use, access and disclosure. This includes the use of passwords and other identity controls.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, and as otherwise required for the purposes of satisfying our legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements, in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect of our relationship with you.
- ACCESS AND CORRECTION
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact us at by telephoning us on 0800 808 003, emailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us at Avanti Finance Limited, 33 Broadway, Newmarket, Auckland 1023.
In some cases, we do not have to give you access to certain information. If this is the case, we will tell you and we will explain why this is the case.
If we don’t think the information is incorrect, we will advise you of this and explain why.
You can ask credit reporters for a copy of any credit information they hold about you and to update it, if necessary.
- ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS
By providing us with an email address, you consent to receiving all communications from us in electronic form to that email address or any other email address specified by you.
If you want to make a complaint about privacy, you can contact us by calling us on [0800 808 003 or (09) 571 0720 or emailing us on email@example.com]. You can also make a complaint to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner. See www.privacy.org.nz for more information.